Kaos is a 1994 Symbol 55 Pilothouse Motor Yacht. She became part of our family in January 2022.
She has a large cockpit, stand up engine room, salon with galley, pilothouse with seating area, an expansive flybridge, v-berth master with en-suite shower and head, as well as two guest berths and guest shower and head.
She has twin Caterpillar 3208TA 435 HP main engines, a Kohler 13.5 kW generator, Magnum 2800 watt inverter, Wesmar stabilzers and bowthruster, Webasto diesel fired heating system, oil change system and dripless shaft seals. In addition, she has an 800 gallon per day watermaker, satellite TV system, and more.
LOA: 56' 6"
Beam: 16' 9"
Bridge Clearance: 21'
Maximum Speed: 21 Knots
Cruise Speed: 9.5 Knots
Fuel Tank: 756 Gallons
Fresh Water: 220 Gallons
Holding Tank: 95 Gallons
From the integrated fiberglass swimplatform, you enter the cockpit via the transom gate. Once in the cockpit, you can step up molded-in steps to each side deck, step up a stainless steel and teak ladder to the flybridge, step down into the engine room or step forward into the salon via the sliding aluminum and glass door. Once inside the salon, you will find an L-shaped sofa with storage and hi/lo folding teak table to starboard, two lounge chairs and teak table to port, galley port forward, guest stateroom companionway and entertainment cabinet forward and steps to the raised pilothouse starboard forward. In the pilothouse, you can step out the port side deck door to the foredeck or step up the stairs to the flybridge. Back in the salon, walk forward and step down to the guest companionway to find a stateroom with over/under bunks to starboard, a guest stateroom with a queen size berth to port, guest head with enclosed shower starboard forward and the master stateroom with island queen size berth and ensuite head with enclosed shower all the way forward. Again, engine room access is via a lift up hatch in the cockpit.
The headroom in the cockpit is 8'7", 6'3" in the salon, 6'5" in the pilothouse, 6'9" in the master stateroom, 6'6" in the master stateroom shower, 6'4" in both guest staterooms and 6'5" in the guest shower. The master stateroom berth is 6'9" long, the port guest stateroom berth is 6'5" long and the starboard guest stateroom berths are 6'6" long.
Kaos offers a master stateroom forward with an island queen size berth and ensuite head with enclosed shower, a guest stateroom to port with a queen size berth and a guest stateroom to starboard with over/under berths. The guest head with enclosed shower is starboard forward.
The salon offers L-shaped seating/storage with hi/lo folding teak table to starboard, two lounge chairs and teak table to port, entertainment center forward, aluminum and glass sliding door and curtains aft, carpet, book shelf and opening side windows with blinds.
The galley is port forward in the salon.
- KitchenAid Superba stainless steel refrigerator/freezer with ice/water dispenser
- Kenyan 2-burner electric cooktop
- GE Profile convection/microwave oven
- Breville toaster oven
- GE trash compactor
- Badger garbage disposal
- Double stainless steel sinks
- Storage cabinets and drawers
- Teak & holly sole
- Weber BBQ grill in the cockpit
- Norcold refrigerator/freezer on the flybridge
The master stateroom is forward and offers an island queen size berth, mirrored headboard, overhead hatch, 2 portlights, nightstands, reading lights, carpet, hanging locker, storage drawers and cabinets, full-length mirror and an ensuite head with an enclosed shower.
Port Guest Stateroom
The port guest stateroom offers a queen size berth, nightstand, shelf, portlight, hanging locker, storage drawer and cabinet, carpet and a full-length mirror.
The guest head with enclosed shower is starboard forward.
Starboard Guest Stateroom
The starboard guest stateroom offers over/under bunks, carpet, hanging locker, storage drawers and cabinet, nightstand and a full-length mirror.
The guest head with enclosed shower is starboard forward.
Splendide 2100XC washer/dryer in starboard guest stateroom
The raised pilothouse offers a full helm with storage underneath forward, side deck access door to starboard, steps to the flybridge aft, L-shaped seating with storage and hi/lo table to port, opening port side window, windshield covers, teak & holly sole and helm and mate seats.
The flybridge offers a bimini (2017), full Eisenglass enclosure, Radar arch, full helm forward with storage underneath, non-skid deck, benchseat/storage to port, starboard and aft, control station starboard aft, stainless steel & glass sliding hatch starboard forward to the pilothouse and a wetbar with Norcold refrigerator/freezer.
The cockpit offers a non-skid deck, molded-in steps to each side deck, sliding aluminum & glass door to the salon, stainless steel & teak ladder to the flybridge, lifting hatch to the engine room, transom gate to the swimplatform, 3/4 hardtop, folding teak table with four teak chairs, teak cap rails, flood lights, storage cabinets, lazarette access and a wetbar port forward.
- Intellian satellite TV system
- Vizio flat screen TV in the salon
- Intellian antenna control unit in the salon
- Dish VIP 211Z satellite TV receiver in the salon and master stateroom
- Sony BDP-BX18 Blu-Ray/DVD player in the salon and master stateroom
- Toshiba SD4300 DVD player in the salon
- Teac AG-V3020 A/V receiver in the salon
- AOC Envision flat screen TV in the master stateroom
- Garmin Radar
- Garmin GPSMap 5212 multi function display at the lower helm
- Garmin GPSMap 5208 multi-function display on the flybridge
- Garmin GMI10 multi information display on the flybridge
- Simrad autopilot on the flybridge and at the lower helm
- Standard Horizon Intrepid VHF on the flybridge
- Standard Horizon Explorer VHF at the lower helm
- AIS transponder
- KVH Azimuth 1000 digital compass at the lower helm
- Danforth Constellation magnetic compass on the flybridge
- Furuno FCV-665 depth/fish finder at the lower helm
- Intercom system
- Epson multi function printer in the pilothouse
- Victory clock and barometer in the pilothouse
- Kohler 13.5 CCOZ 13.5 kW generator with approximately 2,900 hours
- Bosch generator load bank
- Magnum Energy Magnasine MS2812 inverter/charger with remote panel
- ProMariner ProNautic 12.60 P battery charger (2021)
- ProMariner ProSport 12 battery charger
- Ample Technology multi-step alternator regulator
- Blue Sea auto charging relay
- Custom battery banks voltage monitoring system
- 50' 30 and 50 amp shore power cords and connections
- 110 vac outlet in the cockpit
- 4 X 12 volt Group 31 engine start batteries (2018)
- 6 X 6 volt house batteries (2022)
- 8 X 6 volt inverter batteries (2015)
- 2 X 12 volt batteries for the 24 volt bowthruster (2018)
- Guest and Blue Sea battery switches
- 4D generator start battery
- Twin Caterpillar 3208TA 435 HP main engines with approximately 2,375 hours
- Twin Disc MG507-A1 gearboxes
- Teleflex engine controls
- Glendinning engine synchronizer
- VDO gauges
- PYI dripless shaft seals
- Hynautic hydraulic steering system
- Fuel manifold
- Racor 1000Fg fuel filter with vacuum gauge for each main engine
- Racor 500FG fuel filter for the generator
- Reverso oil change system
- Wesmar stabilizer system (Seals replaced in 2019)
- Wesmar bowthruster
- Bennett trim tabs
- Spurs line cutters
- Webasto hydronic diesel fired heating system
- Marine Air Systems reverse cycle air conditioning/heating system (New MarinAire unit in the master stateroom)
- FCI Dolphin 800 GPD water maker
- Seaward stainless steel 11 gallon water heater
- Therma-Fox tankless water heater
- Fuel and water tank level monitor system
- Wema holding tank level monitor system
- Vacuflush heads
- Workbench in the engine room
- Spare propeller
- Spare parts inventory
- Maxwell 2200 anchor windless with foot controls
- Maxwell AA150 anchor rode counter at the lower helm
- Rocna Vulcan 120 pound anchor with 400' of 3/8" G4 anchor chain
- Stainless steel rails
- Stainless steel fender racks
- Stainless steel deck hardware
- Raw water washdown forward
- Fresh water washdown aft
- Dock water connection
- Non skid decks
- Fiberglass swimplatform
- Stainless steel hoop rails on the swimplatform
- Storage cabinet on each side of the swimplatform
- Stainless steel & teak swim ladder
- Bottom painted in 2020
- Apex A-12 RIB 12' tender with a Simrad multi-function display and JBL PRV-175 stereo
- Nissan 25 HP 4 stroke outboard
- Brower Systems 650 LB davit
Safety and Fire Protection
- Fire extinguishers
- Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Rule bilge pumps
- Whale manual bilge pump
- Bilge high water alarm
- Security cameras aft and in the engine room
- Jabsco searchlight
- Grover Products horns