Kaos is a 1994 Symbol 55 Pilothouse Motor Yacht. She became part of our family in January 2022.
She has a large cockpit, stand up engine room, salon with galley, pilothouse with seating area, an expansive flybridge, v-berth master with en-suite shower and head, as well as two guest berths and guest shower and head.
She has twin Caterpillar 3208TA 435 HP main engines, a Kohler 13.5 kW generator, Victron LiFePO4 power system, Wesmar stabilzers and bowthruster, Webasto diesel fired heating system, oil change system and dripless shaft seals. In addition, she has an 800 gallon per day watermaker, Sonos sound system throughout, and more.
Beam: 16' 9"
Bridge Clearance: 21'
Maximum Speed: 21 Knots
Cruise Speed: 10 Knots
Fuel Tank: 756 Gallons
Fresh Water: 220 Gallons
Holding Tank: 95 Gallons
- Victron LiFePO4 power system
- Initial projects including new LED lighting throughout, emergency AC power fixes for bad wiring, temporary new house bank, new electronics including Furuno DRS radar, Furuno SCX satellite compass, Time Zero Professional PC navigation software, new electric Dometic MasterFlush heads, and more.
- Projects after first 8 months including: new propellers, shaft seals, anchor, chain, fresh water system complete replacement, tons of new electronics, cameras, Starlink, Sonos sound system, interior furnishes, and new air conditioning unit in the pilot house.
Kaos offers an owners stateroom forward with an island queen size berth and ensuite head with enclosed shower, a guest stateroom to port with a queen size berth and a guest stateroom to starboard with over/under berths. The guest head with enclosed shower is starboard forward.
Cockpit & Swim Step
The swim step has three big staples, all removable, and plenty of space to get on and off. There are lots of grab rails everywhere, and a big door into the cockpit. The cockpit itself has lots of room and is one of our favorite places to hang out. There are huge lazarettes with tons of storage, which is essential for all of my projects! There are molded-in steps to each side deck, a sliding aluminum & glass door to the salon, stainless steel & teak ladder to the flybridge, lifting hatch to the engine room, 3/4 hardtop, folding teak table with four teak chairs, teak cap rails, flood lights, storage cabinets, lazarette access and a wetbar port forward.
The salon offers L-shaped seating/storage with hi/lo folding teak table to starboard, two lounge chairs and teak table to port, entertainment center forward, aluminum and glass sliding door and curtains aft, carpet, book shelf and opening side windows with blinds.
The galley is port forward in the salon.
- KitchenAid Superba stainless steel refrigerator/freezer with ice/water dispenser
- Kenyon 2-burner electric cooktop
- GE Profile convection/microwave oven
- Breville toaster oven
- Badger garbage disposal
- Double stainless steel sinks
- Storage cabinets and drawers
- Teak & holly sole
- Norcold refrigerator/freezer on the flybridge
The owners stateroom is forward and offers an island queen size berth, mirrored headboard, overhead hatch, 2 portlights, nightstands, reading lights, carpet, hanging locker, storage drawers and cabinets, full-length mirror and an ensuite head with an enclosed shower.
Port Guest Stateroom
The port guest stateroom offers a queen size berth, nightstand, shelf, portlight, hanging locker, storage drawer and cabinet, carpet and a full-length mirror.
The guest head with enclosed shower is starboard forward.
Starboard Guest Stateroom
The starboard guest stateroom offers over/under bunks, carpet, hanging locker, storage drawers and cabinet, nightstand and a full-length mirror.
The guest head with enclosed shower is starboard forward.
Splendide 2100XC washer/dryer in starboard guest stateroom
The raised pilothouse offers a full helm with storage underneath forward, side deck access door to starboard, steps to the flybridge aft, L-shaped seating with storage and hi/lo table to port, opening port side window, windshield covers, teak & holly sole and helm and mate seats.
The flybridge offers a bimini (2017), full Eisenglass enclosure, Radar arch, full helm forward with storage underneath, non-skid deck, benchseat/storage to port, starboard and aft, control station starboard aft, stainless steel & glass sliding hatch starboard forward to the pilothouse and a wetbar with Norcold refrigerator/freezer.
- 4x Sonos AMPs for different areas: salon, pilot house, below decks, outdoors
- Sonos subwoofer in salon
- Samsung QLED Q60A 32" TV in salon with Roku
- AOC 20" TV in owners stateroom with Roku
- Significant NMEA 2000 bus throughout the entire boat
- Furuno DRS radar
- Furuno SCX-20 satellite compass
- Windows 10 PC running Time Zero Professional navigation software
- Windows 10 PC running Maretron N2Kview boat management software
- Maretron sensors for bilge high water, temperatures in multiple locations, AC power monitor, and dedicated alarm horn
- Simrad autopilot on the flybridge and at the lower helm including a NAC-3 pilot controller, rudder feedback sensor, AP48 controllers, and a Precision-9 compass
- Airmar DT200 depth / temp sensor
- Airmar WX220 wind/humidity/temp sensor
- Icom M510 VHF radio in the pilot house
- Vesper Cortex AIS transponder/VHF installed in the flybridge with handsets in the pilot house
- Danforth Constellation magnetic compass on the flybridge
- Furuno FCV-665 depth/fish finder at the lower helm
- Intercom system
- Epson multi function printer in the pilothouse
- Victory clock and barometer in the pilothouse
- Kohler 13.5 CCOZ 13.5 kW generator
- Victron LiFePO4 24 volt, 1000 amp hour energy system with 10,000W of inverter capacity
- 50' 30 and 50 amp shore power cords and connections
- 110 vac outlet in the cockpit
- 4 X 12 volt Group 31 engine start batteries (2018)
- 2 X 12 volt batteries for the 24 volt bow thruster (2018)
- Guest and Blue Sea battery switches
- 4D generator start battery
- Twin Caterpillar 3208TA 435 HP main engines with approximately 2,375 hours
- Twin Disc MG507-A1 gearboxes
- Teleflex engine controls
- Glendinning engine synchronizer
- VDO gauges
- PYI commercial version dripless shaft seals
- Hynautic hydraulic steering system
- Fuel manifold
- Racor 1000Fg fuel filter with vacuum gauge for each main engine
- Racor 500FG fuel filter for the generator
- Reverso oil change system
- Wesmar stabilizer system
- Wesmar bowthruster
- Bennett trim tabs
- Spurs line cutters
- Webasto hydronic diesel fired heating system
- Marine Air Systems reverse cycle air conditioning/heating system
- FCI Dolphin 800 GPD water maker
- Seaward stainless steel 11 gallon water heater
- Therma-Fox tankless water heater
- Fuel and water tank level monitor system
- Wema holding tank level monitor system
- Dometic MasterFlush heads
- Workbench in the engine room
- Spare propeller
- Spare parts inventory
- Maxwell 2200 anchor windless with foot controls
- Maxwell AA150 anchor rode counter at the lower helm
- Rocna Vulcan 120 pound anchor with 400' of 3/8" G4 anchor chain
- Stainless steel rails
- Stainless steel fender racks
- Stainless steel deck hardware
- Raw water washdown forward
- Fresh water washdown aft
- Dock water connection
- Non skid decks
- Fiberglass swimplatform
- Stainless steel hoop rails on the swimplatform
- Storage cabinet on each side of the swimplatform
- Stainless steel & teak swim ladder
- Apex A-12 RIB 12' tender with a Simrad multi-function display
- JBL PRV-175 stereo
- Nissan 25 HP 4 stroke outboard
- Brower Systems 650 LB davit
Safety and Fire Protection
- Fire extinguishers
- Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Rule bilge pumps
- Whale manual bilge pump
- Bilge high water alarm
- Security cameras aft and in the engine room
- Jabsco searchlight
- Grover Products horns
The headroom in the cockpit is 8'7", 6'3" in the salon, 6'5" in the pilothouse, 6'9" in the master stateroom, 6'6" in the master stateroom shower, 6'4" in both guest staterooms and 6'5" in the guest shower. The master stateroom berth is 6'9" long, the port guest stateroom berth is 6'5" long and the starboard guest stateroom berths are 6'6" long.